At UniQ Creations we specialise in one-of-a-kind handmade. Visit our online shop to view the wide range of products and services including jewellery aka jewelry, wedding stationery, party/baby shower invitations, OOAK and corporate greeting cards, sealing wax, wax seal, name stamp, bookmark and tatting class/patterns/supplies. Each piece is carefully handcrafted one at a time in my home studio. Materials used are of premium quality and are sourced from various parts of the world.
Shuttle tatting classes are conducted at various locations. Office workers interested in lunch time class or organisations interested in conducting tatting class please contact me at uniqcreations4u at gmail dot com to make arrangement.
Wholesale, consignment, custom order and office bazaar inquiries are also welcome.
1. OSAAT challenge theme is Favourite Things. http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.sg/2014/04/challenge-209.html
2.Allsorts challenge theme is Birds and Feathers. http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.sg/2014/04/week-255-birds-and-feathers.html
3. Crafty Catz challenge theme is starting with letter B. http://craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.sg/2014/04/challenge-227-b-is-for.html
4. Aud Sentiments challenge theme is Sentiment For A Friend. http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.sg/2014/04/challenge-104-2nd-week-inspiration.html
Tatting unlike knitting and crochet is rather time consuming. The time and effort the designer put into each pattern is substantial. From developing idea to gathering information, sketching the design, writing out the pattern, tatting it, making changes and tatting it all over again, getting someone to help proof read and tat the pattern, more changes to make and test tat again. The process repeats until the designer is happy with the pattern. The next stage is to take photos. Editorial work needs to be done before the pattern is ready to face the world. From start to finish, it takes at least 3 days of intensive work before a small simple pattern can be published. My book took me more than 1 year and that was without anyone helping me to proof read and tat.
The parties concern are now looking into legal action against the magazine. Let's bear in mind the consequences before anyone decide to do similar things.
1. MAWTT challenge theme is Easter/Spring. http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.sg/2014/04/easterspring.html
2. Sentimental Sunday challenge theme is Embossing. http://sentimentalsundays.blogspot.sg/2014/04/challenge-202-embossing-wet-or-dry.html
3. The Corrosive Challenge theme is Pretty Pastel. http://corrosivechallengesbyjanet.blogspot.sg/2014/04/challenge-197-pretty-pastels.html
4. Cupcake Inspirations challenge theme is a photo inspiration. http://cupcakeinspirations.blogspot.sg/2014/04/challenge-256.html
5. A Gem of A Challenge theme is Spring Is In The Air. http://pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/
6. Allsorts challenge theme is Spring Is In The Air. http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.sg/2014/04/week-254-spring-blossoms.html
7. Crafty Catz challenge theme is Animals. http://craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.sg/2014/04/crafty-catz-226-animals-gdt-call.html
8. Stampin' For The Weekend challenge theme is Favourite Stamp. http://stampinfortheweekend.blogspot.sg/2014/04/your-favourite-stamp.html
1. OSAAT challenge theme is Flowers. http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.sg/2014/04/challenge-207.html
2. Cupcake Inspirations challenge theme is a photo inspiration. http://cupcakeinspirations.blogspot.sg/2014/04/challenge-255.html
3. Crafty Calender challenge theme is Things With Wings. http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.sg/2014/04/crafty-calendar-challenge-things-with.html
4. Crafty Catz challenge theme is Springtime. http://craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.sg/2014/04/craftycatz-challenge-225.html
5. Charisma Cardz challenge theme is Anything Goes. http://charismacardz.blogspot.sg/2014/04/charisma-cardz-meets-die-cut-crazy.html
When I was designing this card, I wanted to make something different from the norm. Most of the sentiments are either on tags or layered rectangles. I searched through all my punches and finally came across a new one that I bought a while ago. It was meant for making corner decorations. Initially I wondered how I could use it to decorate the sentiment. After staring at the punch and paper for sometime and turning the punch in all directions, an idea struck me. However, I wasn't sure if end product would turn out satisfactory. I look through my stash for the right piece of scrap and started fiddling around with the measurement. It didn't take me long to work out the right size of paper to cut. I punched 2 opposite corners of the paper and Viola! The effect was a surprise. There was no wastage and I didn't even have to trim the sentiment.
How often do you have an inspiration but just don't have the motivation or courage to try it? What is holding you back? In my case, the piece of scrap was the best colour match I could find and it was the only piece left. 1 mistake and it will mean having to wait till I am back from another procurement trip again. But if I don't try, that piece of scrap will be sitting there doing nothing. Furthermore, the idea from my inspiration will be left dangling in the air.
Inspiration is everywhere. In order to see the end results you need to put it into action. Without the action, all you have is just a thought.
1. Chrisma Cardz challenge theme is CAS. http://charismacardz.blogspot.sg/2014/03/challenge-7-cas-one-week-challenge.html
2. Quirky Crafts challenge theme is Spice Girls. http://quirkycrafts.blogspot.sg/2014/03/challenge-7-spice-girls-spice-up-your.html
3. The Corrosive challenge theme is Use Metal. http://corrosivechallengesbyjanet.blogspot.sg/2014/03/challenge-196-show-us-your-metal.html
4. Sentimental Sunday challenge theme is Add Doodles. http://sentimentalsundays.blogspot.sg/2014/03/challenge-200-add-doodle-to-it.html
5. OSAAT challenge theme is Anything Goes. http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.sg/2014/03/challenge-206.html
6. Cupcake Inspirations challenge theme is a photo inspiration. http://cupcakeinspirations.blogspot.sg/2014/03/challenge-254.html
7. Allsorts challenge theme is Use Dies. http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.sg/2014/03/week-252-use-those-dies.html
8. Crafty Catz challenge theme is Anything Goes. http://craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.sg/2014/03/challenge-224.html
9. Stampin' For The Weekend challenge theme is Spring Colours. http://stampinfortheweekend.blogspot.sg/2014/03/spring-colours.html
1. Sentimental Sunday challenge theme is Flowery Springtime. http://sentimentalsundays.blogspot.sg/
2. OSAAT challenge theme is For A Woman In Your Life. I know it is Mother's Day next month in UK. http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.sg/2014/03/challenge-205.html
3. Cupcake Inspiration challenge theme is a photo inspiration. http://cupcakeinspirations.blogspot.sg/2014/03/challenge-253.html
4. MAWTT challenge theme is a photo inspiration. http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.sg/2014/03/photo-inspiration.html
5. Aud Sentiment challenge theme is Anything Goes. http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.sg/
6. Little Red Wagon challenge theme is A Rainbow of Colours. http://lilredwagon.blogspot.sg/2014/03/challenge-229-rainbow-of-colors.html
7. Inky Impression challenge theme is Think Spring. http://inkyimpressionschallenges.blogspot.sg/2014/03/iic-151-think-spring.html
1. Sentimental Sunday challenge theme is Cute and Cuddly. http://sentimentalsundays.blogspot.sg/2014/03/challenge-198-cute-and-cuddly_16.html
2. OSAAT challenge theme is Digi. http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.sg/2014/03/challenge-204.html
3. Cupcake Inspiration challenge theme is a photo inspiration. http://cupcakeinspirations.blogspot.sg/2014/03/challenge-252.html
4. Allsorts challenge theme is Pretty In Pink. http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.sg/2014/03/week-250-pretty-in-pink.html
5. Stamping For The Weekend challenge theme is Anything Goes. http://stampinfortheweekend.blogspot.sg/2014/03/anything-goes.html
6. Chrisma Cardz challenge theme is Birthday Girls. http://charismacardz.blogspot.sg/2014/03/challenge-6-birthday-girls.html
7. Cute Card Thursday challenge theme is Girls. http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.sg/2014/03/challenge-312-girls-girls-girls.html
8. Penny's Paper Crafty challenge theme is Anything Goes. http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.sg/2014/03/welcome-to-pennys-challenge-168.html
1. Make It Monday. http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.sg/
2. Sentimental Sunday challenge theme is Cards for Boys/Men. http://sentimentalsundays.blogspot.sg/2014/03/challenge-197-cards-for-boyman.html
3. OSAAT challenge theme is For A Boy. http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.sg/2014/03/challenge-203-and-dt-call.html
4. Sweet Stampin' challenge theme is Inspired by A Song, Film or Book. http://sweetstampinchallengeblog.blogspot.sg/2014/03/be-inspired-by-song-film-or-book.html
5. Crazy For Challenge theme is Be Sentimental. http://crazy4challenges.blogspot.sg/2014/03/crazy4challenges-226be-sentimental.html
6. Fussy and Fancy challenge theme is Birthday. http://fussyandfancychallenge.blogspot.sg/2014/03/challenge-109-birthdays.html
7. Penny's Paper Craft challenge theme is Anything But Square. http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.sg/